May 13, 2014

TED Talk Tuesday: Single stories

We live in a world ruled by the media, in which we should learn to discern between facts and fallacies. And if there is something I've learned throughout the years is that there is no whole truth. There is no black and white, there are infinite colors in endless shades that make up the beautiful world we live in. Don't feed your brain with a single color, for you are missing the most natural nuance of life: it's diversity. This talk made me think about how I always do read stories of white, blue-eyed characters that eat apples and speak foreign languages. As much as I love the reading books from all around the world, I've lost my literary connection to my own land. And I must not forget. I will not forget. Will you?

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy thanks so much for the tip!
    Your blog is so cute... and I love the idea of TED Talk Tuesday. Every morning before work, I go to the gym, and I listen to a TED lecture on the elliptical. This one looks really interesting; It will definitely be my go-to for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ani! I'm fascinating by how much you can learn from TED, and they're coming to Berlin soon, so I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of tickets! :) Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. xx -A

      Delete